The supermarket shelves heave with teas in 100 different hues and flavours, many of which boast therapeutic benefits. It is wonderful to have such a wealth of choice, however don’t miss out on the opportunity to make your own tea from fresh ingredients you already have in your home.
1) Ginger & Turmeric tea – steep a teaspoon each of powdered ginger and turmeric in hot, freshly boiled water for ten minutes. Add the juice of a lemon (and possibly a teaspoon of honey) for an immunity-boosting beverage.
2) Mint & Lemon – With only a few fresh mint leaves added to boiled water with a slice of lemon, you will have a tonic which refreshes and revives and works wonders for upset stomachs.
3) Lemongrass – another reviving blend can be made with the chopped, woody stems of Lemongrass steeped in boiled water.
4) Rose hip tea can be a soothing beverage to sip at bedtime. Pour a cup of boiling water over two heaped tablespoons of chopped rose hips and allow to steep for 15 minutes before straining. This is a slightly sour tea which can be sweetened with a touch of honey.
5) Chocolate Mint Tea – Add a few fresh mint leaves and quarter of a teaspoon of Cacao nibs to a mug of hot water. You could also add orange or lemon peel to add another dimension to the flavour.